Monday, September 22, 2014

Prop production

So, this year's theme is coming together. I, of course, decided to completely change up my theme somewhere around the first of August, which gave me about 2 and a half months to prep for Hallowe'en. Since August, I have been madly trying to finish the projects I was going to work on anyway, whether or not I changed the theme - lighting and fencing. In between working on these projects, I've been squirreling away time working on the little props that are going into making the new theme work.

Michael correctly stated that it was a lot of little detail and I wasn't really looking at the bigger picture. The bigger picture is a lot of little detail! I think people will be amused.

Personally, I like to inject some humor into my creepy. I always like to make people laugh at a little joke here and there. This year's theme has it's tongue firmly planted in cheek. I'll be giving away little clues throughout the next couple of weeks and hopefully by the end, it will all make sense (or it will be a giant mess, but who cares, it's not like we're landing on Mars!).

Here are the first steps on one of my props:









 Doesn't look like much yet, but it's coming together!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. Even though love isn't very Halloweeny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is very Hallowe'eny! Look at Frankenstein's monster and his bride, Jack and Sally, Morticia and Gomez, Lily and Herman! There's plenty of love!

    ReplyDelete