I haven't posted because I haven't been taking pictures!!!! I hate posting pictures because it involves a bunch of wires and downloading and crap. Tell me how to do this more easily and I'll do it more often!!!! Damn it all to hell... I have a Kodak z712. I take pictures, then I have to plug in my camera into the computer. Then I have to go to the folder for the camera and move the photos into the blog folder on my computer. Then I have to resize all of the photos that I want to use because they're usually too big. First world problems make my head hurt....
Anyway, I have been harvesting a crapload of tomatoes. They are just loving this season. In the past, I've gotten one or two, here and there. This year I'm getting what works out to about a tomato a day. It's awesome and they're gorgeous. They taste all fresh and tomato-ey. Yum. Mostly I've been eating them with cheese I got from Cowgirl Creamery in Petaluma.
On the subject of strawberries, I give up. I have two raised beds full of strawberry plants and I think I've gotten 2 whole berries this year. If I'm going to spend that much square footage on something, it better be something that's producing produce! I am merciless. The strawberries are history.
Hallowe'en is officially on the agenda. I'm working out the sketches on the front and back yards.
I know people who know people. If you're one of those people, I'm looking for a few things that I will need and if you know a source for borrowed (B), super cheap (SC), F-R-E-E (F), or bulk (K) let me know. I need:
- 10 or more wrought iron shepherd's hooks (B, SC, F, K)
- 2 trash-worthy 5-drawer filing cabinets (5 feet tall or taller) (F, SC)
- Pink extruded foam in sheets or blocks (where do I get this? I can only find the white insulation which I've used for years in lieu of the stuff I really want!) (SC)
- Fire-pit (B, SC, F)
- LED lanterns - these will likely be painted or otherwise messed with so I don't want to borrow (SC, F, K)
- A very large stone garden angel or two. Not necessary to match - also will likely be painted or messed with (SC, F)
- Fabric - cheese cloth, ivory muslin, plain grey, white or black cotton or muslin, tulle (SC, F)