Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Heirloom skills go high-end

Remember when Banana Republic sold clothes that seemed appropriate for going on safari instead of going to the Standard? It was a long time ago.

So, while I was meeting with my 2nd coop designer, it seems that Williams-Sonoma has decided that they are entering the Back to Our Roots/heirloom skills movement.  Check out their new site, Agrarian, where they are selling chicken coops, hives and supers for beekeeping, raised beds, some absolutely gorgeous but completely unreasonably priced jars for canning unless you are making some very special gifts and the most beautiful garden tools I have ever seen.




By the way, Williams-Sonoma has no freaking idea who I am and this is most definitely not a paid ad (I wish!!!)

The raised beds are all built with help from the menfolk and while I'm glad it's raining, it's set me back a bit in terms of moving earth around.  As for meeting with my second designer, I like the guy and my coop will match my veggie beds!  It's going to be a nice summer!

Here's a quick "before" and "during" for your amusement!
This is the before-before.  Still a little yucky from Hallowe'en, I graffiti-ed the side wall.

During! White pretty walls, 10 trees, 5 raised beds. Still no coop....

1 comment: