Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September is here!

And you know what that means!  It's almost Fall!

And you know what that means! It's almost Hallowe'en!

So, of course, the craft room is full of styrofoam and detached hands groping for the sewing machine and the garage is full of spray paint, glue, caulking and all manner of toxic fumes.

The theme this year at Bluestocking Farm is "Something Wicked".  First project on the docket for September is a Book of Shadows, the witches' personal cookbook of spells. I'm also embroidering a number of spells on linen.

On my current wish list is a large copper cauldron. I have a few smaller ones, but the large one will be a centerpiece.

My really big goal for this year is to get the lighting right.  Over the years I've been using solar lighting and frankly, it has sucked. First, it dies by 9 p.m. and second, it's not terribly strong. I'd love to learn how to do the LED spotlights we learned at Scare L.A. with the So. Cal. Valley Haunters, but I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out how to set it up in time.  After all, there's only 56 days...

So much to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment