Monday, October 5, 2015

Lists of lists - Day 26

Hallowe'en is in less than 4 weeks. I have about 10 weeks of work.

Last week I hung out with the niece (who is 9, so I can't really say "babysat") and she asked how it was going. I said I was way behind. She asked how I could possibly be "way behind" when I started in July. It's a good question.

Anyway, NO MORE COMPLAINING! More down to brass tacks (by the way, Joann's has brass tacks in the shape of skulls, which I almost bought, but I am trying to work on the projects I have).

So, one of the things I did last year was learn, thanks to Derek, how to make lighting, which, on Hallowe'en night, didn't work. This year I have already pre-checked the lighting and repaired any bad connections, so the lighting should be set for this year. Fingers crossed.

The list of what I have to do still is a mile long and mostly consists of:
  • painting
  • sanding
  • dremel work
  • staining
  • foam carving
  • and a lot more painting - pretty much everything needs to be painted. 
As you can see, all of that needs to be done outdoors. Pretty much finished all of the Dremel work this weekend. Today after work I'll probably do a bit of foam carving (with my new Hot Wire Foam Factory carving tools) because I can do that without having to move anything outdoors -- I can do it all in the open garage. Hopefully I'll get quite a bit done after work this week but painting is more involved and will probably have to wait for next weekend when I can spread out in the alleyway behind our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment