Tuesday, October 11, 2011

20 days til Hallowe'en

Today's plan:

  • Make candles
  • check the paints in the garage
  • Order straw bales

We have a ton of paint from when we moved in and had the house painted, but of course, I have absolutely no idea what is in each can, so this afternoon I will go out and check all the cans. Of course, it's going to be 95 degrees in the valley this afternoon which would make for awesome paint drying weather, but I can't actually paint until tomorrow. 

The sickness/obsession/fun that is Hallowe'en, as I am rushing to finish this year's props, is that I have already decided on a theme for next year.  I'm going to do a total Dia de los Muertos theme.  I live in a moderately Latino neighborhood in a heavily Latino city, so that works very, very well. Also, it'll be super easy to add to my existing props - I definitely won't have to make a ton of new ones. 

Nothing like a little planning ahead....

2 comments:

  1. There is no harm
    at BluestockingFarm
    in Planning ahead
    for the day of the dead.
    Till then she may feint
    while looking through paint
    as she spend all the day
    ordering bales of hay.

    ReplyDelete